A concentrate of life and energy are at the heart of the center of rural excellence that was supported by the farmers of the valley. The Community of Communes of the Thônes Valleys and all the local actors to give birth to the Saveurs des Aravis.
How to define Saveurs des Aravis ?
Men and women who are mobilizing to promote a territory and highlight the local products that characterizes it.
By a lifestyle and art of consume that brings together the know-how in a network of providers affiliated to the approach (farmers, refiners, restaurants and merchants). On the farm, on tables or on stalls, products stamped Saveurs des Aravis guarantee you origin and quality.
Live the network experience…
Once in a year, farms in the Aravis open their climb to the alps to the general public. This day is a real move: farmers, their flock and the whole family leave the farm from below to live for 5 months at the pasture chalet in the mountain.
For more information, visit the website.
Taste the key products:
* Le reblochon P.D.O
Reblochon de Savoie is a cow's milk cheese, whose origins are back to the 13th century in the Thônes valley. During spring and summer time, cows in the pasture graze grass rich flowers in mountain.
* L'abondance P.D.O
The origin of the manufacturing secrets of Abondance comes from the monks in the 12th century.
This raw or whole cow's milk cheese comes in the form of a millstone and weighs between 6 and 12kg. Abondance reveals a nutty-taste and a soft and melting dough resulting from the know-how.
* Le biscantin
A scented cider that drinks fresh and makes wonder with pancakes, pies and cakes!
* Le chevrotin P.D.O
The goats used to live with the cows. The excess milk was processed into cheese. It is an uncooked pressed dough like reblochon. Each farm turns the milk by hand to obtain this goat cheese.
* Les tommes fermières
There are as many varieties of trees in the Aravis as there are farms! You will enjoy a rich dough of flavors that will revive your taste buds.
Members of Manigod :
- Paccard Alexandre et Aurore, GAEC la Tête de l'Aulp : reblochon fermier, tomme fermière
- Famille Veyrat et Milan, GAEC Les Prunelles : reblochon fermier, tomme fermière
- Burgat Charvillon Murielle et Guillaume, GAEC La Ferme des 4 Seullis : reblochon fermier, tomme fermière, raclette de Savoie fermière, p'tit seullis
- Avettand Yvette et Samuel, GAEC l'Aulp de Fier : reblochon fermier, tomme fermière, chevrotin, persillé de Noël
- Sonnier Solange et Fabien : reblochon fermier, tomme fermière, manigodin
- Sarl Paccard Joseph : all cheese of Aravis
- Auberge de Plan Bois : traditional food
- La table de Marie-Ange : gastronomic cooking Gault and Millau
- La Vieille Ferme : traditional food and savoyard and local specialities.
- Les Sapins : refined cuisine and local specialities.
- Saveurs et terroir : local products.